Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Midweek Update 4/9/24

 

I've been going to this new studio, keeping myself busy. As a change, I've been working on frogs. Caricatures of frogs. Frog bonsai pots. There's no point in simply describing the process, so let's start with the pictures. 
This first picture is the concept of a caricature frog. Just this round thing with protruding eye balls. More of a pac-man frog:


Same Concept with this next picture, only with a tongue that sticks out and slightly more defined feet. I'm not really grooving on the feet:


Next picture is a frog shape, but more in usable small pot size. The details are lacking. I guess you'll have to wait to see the finished product:



Ah ha! A frog bonsai pot:


Moving on to more finished products, here's a broken egg bonsai pot with claws and tentacles in Plum. Honestly, this is not my favorite glaze, but it definitely has it's place: 


Sea Urchin Pot in Plum Glaze:


Crescent pot in Plum Glaze. I think it would have looked a lot better in Oregon brown clay body:


Found Semi-Cascade Crab Apple in Broken Egg Bonsai Pot Featuring Claws and Tentacles in Plum:


One has to understand that this crab apple may one day bloom. It will be a while before it does, but when it does, the plum glaze will look fantastic with the pink/white flower blossoms and the green/red of the developing fruit. The pot has a lively, youthful energy to it. 

One may say, wait, what flowers? What fruit? This is just a poor little sapling with wires. 
Where's the flowers?
Where's the fruit?
If you cannot see the fruit, you cannot see the flowers. Therefore you cannot see the little sapling. You can't even see the pot. And that's a shame as it really compliments the strange little crab apple. 
In it's own way. 

No comments:

Midweek Update 4/9/24

  I've been going to this new studio, keeping myself busy. As a change, I've been working on frogs. Caricatures of frogs. Frog bonsa...