Sunday, January 21, 2024

Weekend Update 1/21/24

It's Sunday night. I had a long weekend. I'm tired. I'm exhausted. I want to go to sleep. But I need to document some pictures from the weekend. As they say, 'pictures or it didn't happen'.

With that, let's start. I think I previously mentioned there was snow. It started to melt so I had the opportunity to do some things I've been meaning to do. Like, calibrate the headlights for the Nissan Sentra. And one of my pallets broke. Perhaps from the weight of the snow. More likely the pallet was a piece of shit. At any rate, I took a picture of the pallet I replaced. Mostly to document the trees I acquired last year and how they look after fall's heavy pruning. 

Let's start with the pallet I ended up replacing. On it are mostly crabs, but you can see mugo pines and ginkgo trees on the left. Below the bench are cloth bags as well as an ongoing project with some bark.

Another picture of crab apples. Those are 3-gallon pots. 
This picture shows mostly crab apples, but you can also see some of my Japanese black pine (JBP) on the left.
Here's a close-up picture of a mugo pine. Yes, I know there's an awful lot of weeds in my trees. Don't judge me.
The JBP seedlings I ordered arrived. I was expecting 4-inch pots, ready for one-gallon pots. Instead, I received trees that were in 2-inch plugs and ready for 4-inch pots. Oh well. I wired and potted them up. Here's a picture of a sample JBP I received.
Here's another picture of the same JBP in a 4-inch pot. I sent this picture to the grower to let him know I was disappointed in the size. Regardless, I still think I got a good deal for the seedlings. Just not as good as I originally thought! :)
 
Group picture of the JBP's, all potted up in their 4-inch pots. I didn't include the picture of the 20 one-gallon nursery pots I purchased and am now not using. Yeah, I'm a bit cheesed. Just a little.
Anyways, that's all I have for now!

No comments:

Midweek Update 4/9/24

  I've been going to this new studio, keeping myself busy. As a change, I've been working on frogs. Caricatures of frogs. Frog bonsa...