Tuesday, February 6, 2024

I Ordered 20 Vine Maple Seedlings

 Quick Update: I ordered 20 vine maple seedlings (Acer circinatum). These are tiny; they should be about 3-5 inches. 

Vine maples look very similar to fullmoon maples (Acer japonicum). They are native to the PNW and are supposedly fast growers. They grow in moist forests, They're very flexible and strong when they're young. I hear natives used it to create hoop nets for fishing as well as baskets.

The grower instructed me to give them lots of water and lots of fertilizer. I'm looking forward to experiencing how they grow for me. I'll include pictures once I get them. 

Also, I started doing some pottery. Just more of the same that I've been doing.

All for now!


No comments:

Midweek Update 4/9/24

  I've been going to this new studio, keeping myself busy. As a change, I've been working on frogs. Caricatures of frogs. Frog bonsa...