Monday, July 10, 2023

Weekend update 7/10/23

 I decided not to do the pumpkin patch flea market last Saturday. I spent the day getting pottery out of the kiln. When it was all said and done, I still have a lot of pottery that needs to be glazed. This is due to cleaning up of stray glaze or re-firing due to bad glaze reactions. I'll get those taken care of and move on. 

For future reference:

Tidal pool seems to have a bad reaction. DO NOT USE!

Starry Night glaze did not seem to care that it was thinned out. It's still stunning!

Ketchup is meh. Probably should be thicker. 

Oh! that cute little dragon I made? The cat knocked it over and it shattered. And that cthulhu? Made it to the studio, but it fell over on the stairs. Broken. Three hours of work down the drain. 

But the dragon head made it! And the APEO pots all made it. Let's move on then!

Picture time! 

Here's a group shot of the pottery that came out of the kiln. Some of it includes the tidal pool and will have to be re-fired.


Towards the back of the group shot, you can see a small gathering of outcasts and dweebs: there's the third goblin head. Gathered round him are the whistle dweebs. The whistle dweebs need their own introduction, but I'll just sort of mention them there.
Moving on, here's a picture of a small pot in Ketchup glaze potted up with a Hens and Chicks and another sedum to create a small kusamono:  


This next one is a Hens and Chicks in small pot in Starry Night (I think) Kusamono. Hard to tell, Starry Night can be variable:


Here's a sedum (unknown) in small pot Starry Night Glaze Kusamono. Notice the glaze is more aquamarine, with some smokey highlights. I really like this composition:


Finally I have one more Hens and Chicks in either Starry Night or Floating Blue (I think it's Starry Night) small pot Kusamono. Great composition! The colors of the pot accentuate the lime green and red highlights of the plant. 


I still have lots of work to do. Pottery to make. Pottery to glaze. Plants/trees that need repotting. 

I've recruited Hunter to water my trees daily. I've also been putting out the word to anyone who will listen that I'm interested in their inexpensive seedlings and young trees. I have a few folks locally that have taken an interest. 
Alright, that's all I have for now!

No comments:

10/8/24 I Continue to do Pottery

I'm low on inventory. I need to make more of everything. I need large pots for my unpotted bonsai trees. I also need variety. I recently...