Monday, May 22, 2023

Weekend Update 5/22/23 With Pictures

 Went to the Pumpkin Patch this weekend with the crab apples and the mugo pine. Thought I'd include some pictures and explanations.

First off, this is part of my display at the Pumpkin Patch featuring live bonsai that I have for sale. 

Next picture is of the mugo pine right after I had wired it and potted it up. Doesn't look too bad.

This next picture is the mugo pine at the Pumpkin Patch. I bought the stand it's on at the Patch. I think it adds a little something. 
The next few pictures are of crab apples that I had styled for sale. Almost all of them sold!
I have one left, and this picture is that one, I think.
I can't say that any one of the crab apples was my favorite. I liked them all. This one was very healthy and twisted and turned like a little dragon. In time it would have made a GREAT bonsai, I think.
Strange, I don't remember this one. I thought this one I had done root over rock. I'm obviously wrong. Or maybe I re-did it. Anyways, I'm sure this one is also gone. Another great crab!
Another picture, but of TWO crab apples on the bench. Both gone. 
So there it is. The Pumpkin Patch was good to me this weekend. Sold off some great little trees and that leaves me with needing more! 

I'm running low on pots and low on trees. I started a few trees but that takes time. I'll switch to tropicals and kusamono to make up the difference. 
I also finally got off my duff and started doing pottery again. Almost too little too late for this year. Should have started on this last month or the month prior. I'll admit: motivation can be hard to come by. No matter, I've kicked it into high gear and I made three or four medium size moon pots last week. On Sunday I made five small pots. I'll have to work on making a lot more in a short time. If I make five pots a day for the next four days, I'll have 25 small pots ready for next weekend. I still have to make a bunch of tiny pots, but hey, I think I got this!

No comments:

10/8/24 I Continue to do Pottery

I'm low on inventory. I need to make more of everything. I need large pots for my unpotted bonsai trees. I also need variety. I recently...