Tuesday, May 16, 2023

5/16/23 Weekend Update

Went to Flea Market on 5/13. It was HOT. I planned ahead. I watered my trees before packing them for market, so they remained hydrated. Packed an ice chest with plenty bottles of water and a 2-liter bottle of soda to keep me cool and hydrated. To minimize sun exposure, I kept my hat on and stayed under the shade of my canopy as much as possible. But I forgot my phone and my reading glasses! I couldn't tell what time it was and I couldn't see the details of prices and whatnot. I did my best to be friendly and approachable. I ended up making some pretty good connections, I think. 

I took Monday off to putter around the house. I meant to pot up some trees. Maybe work on some clay. I didn't pot up as many trees as I would have liked. I didn't work any clay - my craft room is just too messy. I need to clear up the clutter on my clay table so I can do some work. 

I was able to pot up some crab apples. I used my small 4-inch round pots. Collectively they look pretty sharp. I also potted up my mugo pine. I wired and restyled it as a semi-cascade with companion rock.  We'll see if anyone's willing to pay for the mugo pine, it's a bit of a monster. 

I haven't gotten a chance to pot up many kusamono pots. I also haven't gotten a chance to create new pottery. I'll have to work on things here and there as I get a chance. Obviously taking a day off to try to do pottery and bonsai doesn't exactly work.  

No comments:

10/8/24 I Continue to do Pottery

I'm low on inventory. I need to make more of everything. I need large pots for my unpotted bonsai trees. I also need variety. I recently...