Monday, May 29, 2023

5/29/23 Weekend Update

 End of a three day weekend. I dropped off the pottery at Wilderbee's on Saturday. Eric and Casey seemed happy to see me. Last time I was there was in October. They also seemed surprised that I was able to do so much pottery in one week. It's easy to do. One simply has to commit one's self to it. 

Today was Memorial Day. I had the day off, but Bernadette had to work. We don't mind, really. She was off Saturday and Sunday and we spent the weekend together. For me, today was a day to kick back, relax, and have a BBQ. So what did I do with my day off?

Smoked some ribs. 

Made potato salad, baked beans and corn on the cob. 

I planted up a few bonsai. Not as many as I would have liked, but I'm short on pots. I'm currently working to rectify this situation.

This is a gingko tree that I bought from the Flea Market a couple weeks ago. Looks good in it's new pot!
This crab apple is one that I've had for a couple years. It's high time this thing gets potted up.

I did a third one using one of the hens and chicks I bought at the Flea Market. You've seen one kusamono, you've seen them all. No pictures there. But I did clean up a few bonsai while I was at it. 

I waited to eat until after Bernadette came home from work. After dinner I mowed the lawn. I then decided to make some pottery. Inspired by the sheer number of small pots I was able to do last week, I've challenged myself to do 15 medium pots this week. 

I was able to do these 3 pots with some clay that was starting to dry out.

The clay was almost leather hard and difficult to work. But I know how to work clay that is past it's prime. I have fresh clay once I finish the last bit of old clay. I'll likely do more than just 15 this week. I just need to commit myself to the craft room.

No comments:

10/8/24 I Continue to do Pottery

I'm low on inventory. I need to make more of everything. I need large pots for my unpotted bonsai trees. I also need variety. I recently...