Saturday, April 15, 2023

4/15/23 Weekend Update Opening Day at Flea Market

 So opening day at the Pumpkin Patch Flea Market has come and gone. The weather was looking shit and I wasn't gonna go. Aaron was called in to work and could not go. Yet another reason not to go. But we decided to say FUCK IT and I went. Worse case scenario would be that I would not sell shit and I'd be out $25. But hey, next week would be paid for, so it wouldn't be a total loss. So I went. 

Not gonna lie, the weather was shit. It was cold. The ground was covered in dew, so my shoes were soaked and I had soggy socks. And I didn't make that many sales. There weren't that many people out there. I forgot my table cloths. Aaron's stuff wasn't there, so I didn't have as much to show as I normally do. The stuff that was there, didn't stand out as much as it normally does. That's the bad. 

The good news is that it did not rain. I was cold and soggy, but the sky did not piss on me. And though I did not make too many sales, I did make some. Not necessarily enough to make the day worth it, but I had lots of contacts. Lots of interest. Folks kept fingering my goofy-ass fish. Plenty of people asked for my business card. I was able to purchase some plants for some kusamono. And next week is paid for, so I'm already ahead on that. All in all, it was a good day. 

Another good thing about going out there is that I got to see all my inventory. I had EVERY pot available out there. Turns out that as always, I'm short on pots. That means I have to get busy! As always, people seem to like the stuff I have for sale. And that's what drives me!

No comments:

10/8/24 I Continue to do Pottery

I'm low on inventory. I need to make more of everything. I need large pots for my unpotted bonsai trees. I also need variety. I recently...