Tuesday, April 11, 2023

4/11/23 Midweek Update

First Pumpkin Patch Flea Market day will be on April 15. Looking forward to it! 

So I didn't do HALF the shit I planned to make over the winter! I planned to create some mini sculptures with polymer clay. I did't even finish ONE! LOL. Instead I did some macrame bracelets and some macrame plant hangers. Oh well. The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. 

I had also mentioned I was going to try kusamono. The moss I gathered earlier in the year dried up and did not take on the logs. And the pachira seeds I ordered were all duds. The money tree I chopped up for multiple pachira stumps are barely now starting to grow. And not all of them. So I won't have money trees this weekend. And I won't have kusamono. 

I did grow a few sedum from cuttings! They're still small. They will be available later in the season. And all the violets (violas) I ordered grew. They are also small, but I can work them later. The pachira stumps aren't ready yet, but I think some will be ready later this year. I still have some lucky bamboo left over from last year. I was able to get a hold of some air plants. I made time to pot up a few tropical bonsai. I don't have as much stuff as I wanted, but I do have some.  

Overall, I will have a good selection of things for the Pumpkin Patch, so I met that goal. And Aaron said he'd like to come out at least on the first day. I'll have some company so maybe it won't be all bad. 

That's all I have for now. 

No comments:

10/8/24 I Continue to do Pottery

I'm low on inventory. I need to make more of everything. I need large pots for my unpotted bonsai trees. I also need variety. I recently...