Sunday, April 10, 2022

April 10 - Spring is here and I'm Still Cold!

So yeah, it's April 10. Spring started March 20 and it's still cold! I think we had some snow in Sequim today, and there is snow forecast for Wednesday. So glad I decided NOT to move my stuff outside yet. I might do so the weekend after next. Moving on to other things.
April 2 was the first Pumpkin Patch Flea Market and if you go, you get the second one free. I did go to the April 2 one. I had April 9 free, but I didn't go. Weather sucked balls and I wasn't about to go out there and freeze my balls. I drove by, looked like there was maybe three vendors there. SUCKIN!
So glad I ditched.
Worked on my Pottery Projects To Do List. I did a Beholder pot and about 4 APEO pots. Two were octopots, two were sea urchin pots. I also did a tiny crescent shape craggy pot and a plain round pot. I wanted to see how smooth and round I could get it. The plain round pot morphed into a monster head pot. I like how it came out so I ended up doing another. I think I'll be making a few more monsters pots. 
So looks like I never mentioned my trip to Clay Art Center, Tacoma. They're open now, so I went. President's Day, I think. Bought 150 lbs of Oregon Brown clay as well as some underglazes and some tools. I'm bringing this up now because I plan to use the underglazes to do something different with some of my pottery. I'll likely glaze like I have in the past, but I'll also use the underglaze to create better color combinations. I think it's best I create some things that I have in my mind rather than ramble about it.
My little bonsai trees outside are starting to wake up. It's been so cold that I have not been giving them the love that they need, but they're pretty good about waiting.
All for now.

No comments:

10/8/24 I Continue to do Pottery

I'm low on inventory. I need to make more of everything. I need large pots for my unpotted bonsai trees. I also need variety. I recently...