Thursday, August 12, 2021

Example pictures of pottery mentioned

 I mentioned 'Alien Egg' type bonsai pots, part of my 'Cosmos' Collection. 

Thought I'd include some example pictures. 

First one is a crescent shape alien egg with dragon feet and a dragon tail:

Next example is a crescent shape pot with no feet:

Pictures are worth a thousand words, so I'll let the picture do the talking:

Notice the contrast in the smooth interior of the piece versus the textured outside. Great effect, I think:
This one really looks like an alien egg. The inside is actually a sapphire blue, very dark:

So you can see how some of the previous series influenced the overall shape/look of this series. Definitely looks like my work. Definitely unlike anything I've done before. 

For this series, I've been using a beach ball to provide the roundish shape. I won't give away too many details, other than to say that the beach ball is about 6 inches across. 

On to the beholder pots. I used the beach ball and texturing of the outside body to create the main body of the beholder. To which I then sculpted and add details such as lips, eyes, eye stalks, tentacles, etc. 

I don't have a finished pot, so I'm including some a 'work in progress' pictures: 




That's all I have time for.

No comments:

10/8/24 I Continue to do Pottery

I'm low on inventory. I need to make more of everything. I need large pots for my unpotted bonsai trees. I also need variety. I recently...