Tuesday, August 17, 2021

8/17/21 I continue to Make Pottery

I had the beholder pots drying in the craft room, the cat broke off a random tentacle, cause of course he did. I was anxious to drop them off, so I did so this weekend. Kiln Mistress was taken aback by seeing them in person. She was quick to recommit her claim to her beholder. I rode that compliment all weekend long. There's someone else throwing pottery, so there may be enough pieces for a full kiln. It might be that my pieces will be fired sooner than I thought. 

I didn't do any pottery over the weekend. I thought I should wait until this batch is fully bisque fired and glazed before starting any new pottery. I thought wrong. I still have more pottery I need to do and new things I want to explore. Monday night I started a Cthulhu mask. If the clay is still pliable enough, I might add texture to it tonight. So there's that.

All for now. 

No comments:

10/8/24 I Continue to do Pottery

I'm low on inventory. I need to make more of everything. I need large pots for my unpotted bonsai trees. I also need variety. I recently...