Friday, April 24, 2020

4/24/20 I Continue to make Pottery

This isn't really so much of a follow up, as it's just a post to say I'm still doing pottery. I spoke with Casey at Wilderbee Farms and she's not opening the studio until the shelter in place order is lifted. She's told me that until then, she's encouraging everyone who's using the studio to do their work from home. 
Oh! You mean pretty much how I've always done and how I'm doing already? Okay!
So... yeah, I think I've mentioned that I've been doing quick little slump pots, where I roll out some clay, impress a design, then slump shape over a mold. I've done about 20 so far. 
Last night as I was getting ready for bed, Bernadette suggested I do a dragon. She meant a full dragon. I haven't done a full dragon in a VERY VERY long time. I thought she meant a dragon head. I haven't done a dragon head since we lived in Phoenix. It was getting late and I really didn't want to start a dragon head so late in the evening. I know how long it takes to make one. This was 9pm and I wanted to get ready for bed by 10. 
Fuck it! I made a dragon head. Took me 45 minutes, or about 15 less minutes than I figured it would take. Here it is: 



 I'll see if I can include a GIF file with this moving, though I don't think it's supported: 


That's all I have for now. 

Update 4/25/20: Dragon head broke. Oops. Don't count em 'til you got em.

No comments:

10/8/24 I Continue to do Pottery

I'm low on inventory. I need to make more of everything. I need large pots for my unpotted bonsai trees. I also need variety. I recently...