Monday, September 30, 2024

9/30/24 Shutting Down For the Season

I went to the Pumpkin Patch 9/28 for the last time. I meant to say for the season, but it may be the last time ever. There's talk about selling the Pumpkin Patch, so I don't know if it's coming back next year. If it does sell, I'll likely go to another venue(s). For shits, here's some pictures from Saturday:


That's a picture of how my space looked. Yes, I'm a bit stretched thin.


Just a bunch of pots here with my fish, sea slugs and dragon up top. 


This is mostly small pots. One beholder is still there. One goblin head is still there. My raku ware is there. Yes, I take Square! :)


My bonsai for sale. Did I mention I'm starting to get a bit stretched thin out here?


Second display with bonsai. I got some cute stuff. 


This is the if you know, you know section: Pre-bonsai material for creating your own finished bonsai. This stuff sells!
Alright, let's look at some of the stuff fresh out the kiln: 


I have this wacky-looking dragon. Wacky!


LOOOVE this glaze combination. I believe it's Floating Blue over Shorebreak. 


Great look on a sea urchin pot! It's okay if it's not your thing. This was sold fresh out of the kiln, so someone absolutely loved it. Paid more than I asked for it!


Small selection of pumpkins in different glazes. Hard to get the scale of these things!


 Here's a spider pot that I'm working on. Tiny clay pumpkin for scale. 

The weather is still warm during the day, but it's getting cool overnight. In anticipation of moving my tropicals indoors, I'm moving my vending supplies into winter storage. Down in the basement. I'm taking advantage of the move to clean up the craft room. I have so many projects that led to nowhere: 
bent pieces of wires here
odd rocks there 
It's getting to the point where I can no longer craft. I did what I had to do: 
I left the door to the craft room open. 
I invited my wife in to 'do her thing'. Meaning she cleaned: 
Tossed the side projects. 
Vacuumed. 
Cleaned up, organized, and put away the odd rocks and items of interest. 
It was brutal but had to be done. I will finally have room to craft without being hobbled by too many projects and distractions. 
WRONG!
The boys rediscovered my stash of Nintendo: N64, Game Cube, and Game Boys. They bought an old CRT TV/VCR to play the GC and N64. There's no other place to place it in the house so they set up shop in the craft room. The GC works fine; still have not tested the N64, but I doubt there's any issues with that thing; it's bulletproof. There's been some talk of purchasing a nicer chair for the 'retro station' as it's being called. 
I am glad to hear the craft room is being used by more now. Our next step is to strike down the outdoor tropical growing area and bring it indoors. I have more things to clear before that can happen, but it's gonna happen very soon. It has to. Winter is coming. 

No comments:

10/8/24 I Continue to do Pottery

I'm low on inventory. I need to make more of everything. I need large pots for my unpotted bonsai trees. I also need variety. I recently...