Monday, June 3, 2024

I'm not Hiding, You're Hiding! 6/4/24

 

Forgive me father, for it's been over a month since my last confession (blog post). Since then, I have potted up some of my fresh out of the kiln pieces and have been going out to the Pumpkin Patch. I'll start this post from there and work my way back around some pictures that I've already uploaded. Let's go.
First set of pictures are from this last weekend at the Pumpkin Patch. Almost every weekend has had drizzle or rain on Saturday. This last time I was ready for the shitty weather. I did not put out my tablecloths. I was ready to move out at a moment's notice.
This first picture has all temperate trees. Mostly crabapples, but with a mugo pine, a small trident and a Japanese maple. 


This next picture has some of my scheffleras along with a few small vine maples, a trident maple and derpy fish.


I bought this plant stand and I'm using it to add height and interest to my display. I didn't put out a log of my pottery. On the top are some assorted kusamonos.


The other display table with assorted small bonsai on top. I also displayed my dragon heads at the top. Filling out the rest of the display are some masks, raku ware, beholders, and assorted pieces. 

 
Final table. This one has small pottery. I'm featuring the small octopots with airplants on the main table. On top of the crate is a sea slug. On top of the other display stand are small pots, suitable for name pots. Definitely a market for small pots. 


So that's it for the Pumpkin Patch. I know I posted a few pictures of my stuff from the new studio, but I'm posting more pictures. 
Here's a pictures of a medium pot: broken egg shell with legs. It looks really nice. I haven't potted this up yet. It may end up going to my Etsy shop (eventually).


Here's another pot, same style. Haven't potted it, may go to Etsy. 

 
This next one I KNOW I didn't pot up. Last time I checked, it was sitting outside in my repotting tray. I was looking for a tree to marry it up with. Sometimes these things take time.

 
Group shot of some small juniper bonsai I have ready to go. Honestly, I'm not a big fan. But they have that typical Nike 'WOOSH' style that people seem to like. So okay.
 

This is more my thing. Small vine maple, wired up and potted into a broken egg with long legs pots. Really nice in person, take my word for it!

 
Finally I have a trident maple in broken egg with feet pot. I planted a broken concretion as a companion rock. I'm not really anxious to sell this baby. I will happily sit on this tree, as it's only going to get better with age. 


So that's it. I'm in talks with yet ANOTHER studio to see if they're willing to fire my brown clay body pieces. We'll see how that goes. 

No comments:

9/4/24 What's All This Talk About End of the Season?

Last weekend was Labor Day. Glorious day, glorious weather. Sun was out, and everybody and their brother was out (I think) at the lake. Had ...