Monday, March 18, 2024

3/18/24 Weekend Update

It's Monday. The weekend was sunny and warm. Glorious! We're feeling a bit under the weather, so I was not able to do most of what I wanted to do. I did mow the lawn - first mow of the season! Somehow got into a mowing contest with my neighbor. I was able to work on the vine maples and some stuff for the flea market. So let's talk about that. 

Vine Maples. They finally arrived last week. I worked on half over during the week and the other half on Sunday. The roots were long, so I trimmed back the roots. I also applied some wire to give them some interesting curves. They're kind of small, so perfect time to start the wiring, I think. Even at their size, the wood is already pretty stiff. I don't think these were seedlings, per se. To me they looked more like root cuttings. I gathered all the roots I trimmed and planted them together in some dirt. Just one big mess. Probably a mistake, but I just didn't have it in me to individually pot up each root. I took the same approach to the Kojo no Mai Fuji Cherry Roots I had - I just potted them all up together. No reason why this shouldn't work. 

Stuff for the flea market - I got the 30 airplants I ordered. Dunked them in water and put them in the craft room. I ordered a green apron to wear at the flea market. And I got those spandex table covers. I'm going all in! I should also consider potting up some of my Kojo No Mai as well as the money trees I've been growing out. Come to think of it, there's a whole bunch of stuff I could be doing to get ready for the flea market.

 

No comments:

Midweek Update 4/9/24

  I've been going to this new studio, keeping myself busy. As a change, I've been working on frogs. Caricatures of frogs. Frog bonsa...