Tuesday, August 1, 2023

8/1/23 Weekend Update, The Dig Update

 Was at the Pumpkin Patch. I'm including pictures. 

First, here's my stand. It would have been right next to the tamale guy, but he's gone to Mexico for a month:

Closer look at the beholder and octopots. Damn I'm getting low on inventory: 
Closer look at some of the finished trees I had. Normally this would be tropicals and kusamono, but again I'm running low on inventory: 
Finally, a closer look at my second table of bonsai trees. This would normally be filled with temperate or outside trees. As I've mentioned before, I'm running low on inventory, so there's a mixture of temperate and tropical trees. Bottom shelf, far right is one of the field-grown crab apples in a nursery pot:
Sunday I went to Wilderbee's and picked up some bisque ware. Ready to glaze stuff. Eric has an almost full kiln for glazing, so I may get these back fairly quickly. Sadly, no pictures of the pottery. 

I dug out more crab apples last night. I may dig some ginkgos and Japanese black pine. Very exhausting to dig out trees in the middle of summer.  I'm almost done with that project, for better or worse.
Not enough minutes in the day to do everything I want to do! I want to do more pottery. I want to work on my bonsai. Every time I go to the Pumpkin Patch, I come back with more ideas for 'next time'. Always energized and motivated to do more. But I work full time and I just don't have the time to do it all. 
All for now.

No comments:

End of Month Update 4/30/24

  Last update I talked about the new studio I was going to. Here are my thoughts:  Wow! I forgot how fun it is to go to an active studio. Th...