Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Some Things I May Not Have Mentioned Before

 I realized after my last posting that I haven't mentioned a couple of things that may be of some importance: I have a craft room now. I've been selling my wares at the Pumpkin Patch Flea Market. I thought I'd expand on that now.  

I have a craft room now. So my youngest daughter moved out last year. I have 5 kids, and 4 of them were still living at home. My youngest daughter decided she was going to move out on her own. We turned her old room into the crafting room. There are two workstations. One is for clay, the other is for photography and sewing. There is room for a third workstation, but Bernadette is not keen on adding a third. During the winter, it hosts my tropicals. Things get crowded then.

I've been selling my wares at the Pumpkin Patch Flea Market. Not exactly the best venue for handmade unique, one of a kind art pottery. That being said, I've gotten some good feedback from the folks that have seen my stuff. That feedback is important. I know that art is important for itself. Do what YOU want to do, not always what others want you to do. Having said that, if you're into, I dunno diamond encrusted codpieces and all you do are diamond encrusted codpieces, chances are that you will be unable to support your art. Expand a little and you might be able to do some things that will support your diamond encrusted codpiece vision. I want to hear what others think of my art and my vision. I find it interesting that I'm getting WAY more positive feedback here in Washington than I was in Phoenix. Folk seem to dig my crap. Not everyone is into a spider shaped pot, but they appreciate the pots as art. Maybe I've gotten lucky but I have yet to come across that guy who thinks he saw my art in Walmart, only cheaper. Being honest with myself, I really don't care about the money I make selling my art. Don't get me wrong, it feels damned good to come home with some cash in pocket that my art provided. But that's not what drives me. What drives me is the feel from the audience. The glow I see when someone yells WOW! and just totally eye-fucks my wares. Inside, I'm all FUCK YEAH! 

THAT. That is what drives me. That WOW! and that FUCK YEAH moment will motivate me like no amount of money can. It's why I do what I do. 

Nowhere else to go from there. End transmission.

No comments:

10/8/24 I Continue to do Pottery

I'm low on inventory. I need to make more of everything. I need large pots for my unpotted bonsai trees. I also need variety. I recently...