Thursday, August 17, 2023

8/17/23 Midweek Update

I finally finished reglazing my pieces. I did three coats. Took my time, made sure they were fully dry between coats. Spent a good deal of time and care cleaning them up. I don't want any stray glaze to fuck them up. I don't know if I'll drop them off this weekend. They're working on the road and there may be traffic delays. I'm also considering not going to the Pumpkin Patch. It's going to be hot. I prefer not to be all hot and nasty if I'm going to get skunked again. 
If I stay home, I'll likely work on new pottery. I still need to make a ton more of everything. 
Switching gears, I'm seeing new leaf buds on the chojubai. I think they're going to make it. Some of the crab apples are in bad shape. I may lose about half. Still, that means I would have quite a few good ones. Looking back at this blog, I see the same message over and again: beware the ides of August. Here we are, mid-August. It's hot! Just means I have to water water water. 
Took a look at my trees last night after posting this. The chojubai definitely has new buds. Also, yes, some of the crabs are in bad shape. However, some look good! The Japanese black pine and mugo pine seem to be okay. The Japanese maple are not 100% thriving per se, but I think they'll make it. The blueberries look healthy. There's a section on one that seems to have died off, but other than that, yeah. One of the fuji cherry appears to have new growth. The other is hanging in there. Again, not 100% thriving, but not going downhill.
I keep looking at my posts: 
Make more pottery!
To which I will say: 
I know.
Only so many minutes in the day. I still work full-time. By the time I get home, have dinner, and work out, there isn't much time left. Yes, with proper planning I can make some time to create something, even if for only an hour. Yet, one must remember to make time for rest. To relax. To contemplate the swelling buds on one's chojubai: is that a flower or leaf bud?
All I have for now. 

No comments:

End of Month Update 4/30/24

  Last update I talked about the new studio I was going to. Here are my thoughts:  Wow! I forgot how fun it is to go to an active studio. Th...